No photos because our camera is having some mechanical difficulties, nope, not even technical. It won't turn on because of a simple hinge, preventing the battery door from closing. I would hate to lose a good camera due to a silly thing like this so we'll see what we can do.
Rychen Parker is growing so much, more and more like a "real boy." He can suddenly write letters, which surprised me, so we'll be practicing that now. Another big step is that he can use the computer by himself, operating the mouse and interacting with a preschool CD-Rom. He seems like such a big boy when I can leave him to do this without help. Recently he's gotten interested in cartoons, but mostly only watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He really understands the storyline and will tell me about it or act it out for me.
For the past month, Rychen P. has been giving himself nicknames and refusing to let you introduce him as "Rychen." First it was "Honey Bunny" and then "Goofy boy," and now he insists that we call him "Mickey Rubber Ducky boy." He named his stuffed dog (that Emily gave him!) "Mickey dog." Another strange nick-name is how we all have "Hot dog shoes," meaning black shoes. I am not sure how this came to be, but the term "hot dog" comes from Mickey Mouse Clubhosue as well (but the song makes him cry, so I have to turn it off before that part).
Another thing is his goofy sense of humor. He'll call me (Annalise) Daddy on purpose, just to be silly, etc.
In other news, my pregnancy is going well. I am now half-way through! (and showing like I am 3/4 through) My energy continues to get better and better, and no physical complaints. (Except a lot of gas, did you want to hear about that?) I try to get some exercise every day and avoid junk food. Everything looks good so far. I can feel a lot of movements now, so I guess there really is something in there after all. We're not planning on finding out the sex so we're not purchasing much clothing in advance (and we gave away most of Rychen P.'s old clothing). We're both excited and still trying to convince ourselves that this is happening.
Rychen Parker is growing so much, more and more like a "real boy." He can suddenly write letters, which surprised me, so we'll be practicing that now. Another big step is that he can use the computer by himself, operating the mouse and interacting with a preschool CD-Rom. He seems like such a big boy when I can leave him to do this without help. Recently he's gotten interested in cartoons, but mostly only watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He really understands the storyline and will tell me about it or act it out for me.
For the past month, Rychen P. has been giving himself nicknames and refusing to let you introduce him as "Rychen." First it was "Honey Bunny" and then "Goofy boy," and now he insists that we call him "Mickey Rubber Ducky boy." He named his stuffed dog (that Emily gave him!) "Mickey dog." Another strange nick-name is how we all have "Hot dog shoes," meaning black shoes. I am not sure how this came to be, but the term "hot dog" comes from Mickey Mouse Clubhosue as well (but the song makes him cry, so I have to turn it off before that part).
Another thing is his goofy sense of humor. He'll call me (Annalise) Daddy on purpose, just to be silly, etc.
In other news, my pregnancy is going well. I am now half-way through! (and showing like I am 3/4 through) My energy continues to get better and better, and no physical complaints. (Except a lot of gas, did you want to hear about that?) I try to get some exercise every day and avoid junk food. Everything looks good so far. I can feel a lot of movements now, so I guess there really is something in there after all. We're not planning on finding out the sex so we're not purchasing much clothing in advance (and we gave away most of Rychen P.'s old clothing). We're both excited and still trying to convince ourselves that this is happening.
P.S. Fixed the camera, kinda. Here is a photo of Rychen playing a CD-Rom game.
No comments:
Post a Comment