So this morning Rychen P. wakes up and says "Grandma said it's OK to go potty if I am still two." I asked if he wanted to try, and he jumped out of bed and went directly downstairs so he could go potty. He has never showed this much enthusiasm before! But wait, it gets better. So of course with the morning's bladder, he got some good results. He immediately turns to me and says "Can you get me some underwear?" I was shocked. I haven't even bought any because I figured this would take so long and be so gradual.
Well that wasn't a one-time deal. He continued to go pee ALL DAY, each time totally voluntary, never a probe or a guide. In fact, I think he spent TOO MUCH time lounging on the potty, and returning to pee again after he had just gone! But I didn't want to discourage the enthusiasm, so I just let him to his thing. He kept his diaper dry all day, and so earned the privilege of wearing pull-ups. If this continues past tomorrow, we'll have to go buy some Mickey Mouse underwear!
The cutest thing is how he has memorized certain key lines and repeats them over and over. Such as: "We don't go pee pee in underwears." "It's OK to pee in the grass." "Diapers are for babies." etc
Quote of the day: "Mommy, I LOVE going potty!"
Quote of the second day: "We don't go pee-pee or poop in underwears. But it's OK to toot in underwear!"
Whoa, where did this come from!? We have tried manipulating, bribing, and forcing - but apparently nothing works like when they decide they are ready. (Sister Hunt was right!)
P.S. He has memorized who goes potty and who doesn't. And now, that is a special aspect of one's personality. We were playing a game where we call each other somebody else's name. He called me Melissa so I called him Briggs. He quickly responded, "No, Briggs doesn't go potty. I want to be somebody who goes potty." Unfortunately I couldn't think of any boys to name that fit the criteria, so I called him Larissa!
1 comment:
YAY for Rychen P.!!! That's so exciting!! These little people definitely have a mind of their own and do things when they are good and ready! Good for you!
Post a Comment