this video is very sweet but in all honestly something REALLY doesn't sit right with me, in that first opening line: "Every time a baby is born, so is a mother." The reason it bothers me is because without knowing it, the church is perpetuating one of Satan's lies he uses in his anti-life campaign: that life doesn't begin until a child is born.
On the other hand, read this AMAZING article. this article says you became a mother at the moment of conception. "if she is indeed pregnant, she is a mother. Forever. No matter what happens after this. Her only choice is what kind of mother she is going to be."
Besides, I think would-be mothers who lost their baby ("fetus") in a miscarriage or stillbirth would argue to their own DEATH that they ARE a mother. Motherhood begins far before the baby is born. Why else do we go through all the travails of pregnancy, if not for OUR CHILD?
Sorry, Mormonchannel, but I am have to side with Lifesitenews on this one. I am very disappointed.
1 comment:
In childbirth classes and in working with doula clients, sometimes I refer to a pregnant woman as "the mother" - like I have the question "What is your (the mother)'s vision for this birth?" on one form. It often confuses the woman - she's doesn't think of herself as "the mother" yet.
Post a Comment