Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 32 weeks

Well the past couple weeks have been much better than last month. Baby is now in the correct position so it relieved my back ache and working out is comfortable again, so actually I am able to jog more (to the chagrin of all those witnessing...) In fact I did a 5K this week (39 minutes, 55 seconds with appx. 3:1 minute jog/walk ratio, running at appx 5 mph). My energy has been better too, which is great because I have been super busy!! It's just refreshing to be able to move around and get work done without being strapped to the couch. So I am doing good.
 
I feel huge, my belly looks like a big basketball under my shirt. So basically I go straight out, in a nice compact ball shape. This makes clothing-wearing very challenging!! Elisabeth even pointed out to me that my belly is sticking out at the bottom. This is the point of pregnancy that I usually hang out in the bathtub most of the day and wear a mumu around so I don't have to deal with this horrible thing called clothing. And waistbands. Ouch. But I don't have a mumu anymore and I hardly fit in the bathtub. And there are people living in my house now (other than husband and toddler) so I can't exactly let it all out. Boo hoo.
 
Yesterday I wasn't feeling great though. Too much junk food lately.. At school co-op I felt so tired.. I can't be hanging out in public for more than a few hours people.. and Rychen P. was staring at the wall, not even listening (oh yeah another downside to classroom education)... so I just said screw it, we are going home early. (another upside of indepedence from classroom education!) Rychen and I had a date set to go to the temple and I was still feeling kind of  yucky. I thought, well it's OK if I am sleepy or achey, that's no reason to cancel our plans. But on the car ride up there I started feeling very yucky, like nauseas and overheated. The thought of putting on long sleeves and being stuck in an unventilated room just made me feel sicker... we were in traffic and it felt like I would never get out of that car! So I said pull over at the rest stop, see if I can get it to pass... but I just yucky so we turned around and went back home!!!
 
So anyhow I will let you in on something more heartwarming. At the beginning of pregnancy it took me a while to get excited and feel connected to it. But then the movements started and I got into my visualizations, etc... and now I am more connected than I have ever been. I feel like I know this child in me. I feel like I have three kids, one just lives inside of me, and it will be no surprise when s/he comes out because I already know him/her. 
 
Elisabeth is still asking funny questions. She still says she is going to have a baby in her tummy when she grows up. And lately at the YMCA she says "Can you do kickboxing again when your tummy is little?" (she loves watching us "dance") or she will ask if I can carry her again when my tummy is little. We also had a potential embarassment at Wal-mart when I was shopping for certain products, and she overheard something not meant for her, and repeatedly asked me really loud, "Mom when you have a baby, does blood come out?" 

No comments: