Thursday, January 05, 2012

Recovery

So it's been a week...went by fast.

I stayed in bed mostly for 2 days, and Sunday afternoon started feeling well. But I jump the gun too fast...same thing last time. I think I am feeling great and then I hit a bad spot and need to go back to bed for a day or two. We left the house way too soon, Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday...and now I am paying for it!

It was rough not having any help post-partum, the first few days. My mom wasn't here yet, Rychen was trying to stay on top of laundry, housework, cooking, and my needs...and the kids just went crazy with nobody looking after them. What is a new mom to do!? Staying in bed is way too difficult when there is lots to do (and I actually would prefer to be the one doing it!)  I am aware of my older kids needs, but helpless sometimes to tend to them. If you know me, I like to have everything under control....

I hate feeling helpless!

2 comments:

Kosel Family said...

Sorry that you are without help. I know a little how you feel as I've been down with a sinus infection this week. The kids go crazy nuts without someone to chase them around. They certainly don't make it easier! Sending up some prayers for a quick recovery :)

Corinne Ritz said...

I always arrange play dates for my older kids who are at home right after a baby. Jason always really appreciates it. It is amazing how much better behaved the kids are after coming home. They get so stir crazy, and having mom in bed makes it worse! I'm glad your mom is there now! Hopefully she won't let you up!