Sunday, January 24, 2021

Men, stewardships, and spirituality

When I became a Mom, my relationship with my own mom became stronger as we shared that bond, United in that experience of the feminine. 


I was reflecting on that today as I witnessed my son have a similar rite of passage, of manhood, with my husband. They both blessed the sacrament together for the first time. It was so sweet and I was touched by this beautiful experience of the masculine. 


Without the Priesthood, I can't think of what masculine activity they would call their own. My husband doesn't build or do "manly" projects with his hands—he has nothing of that sort to share and pass down to his sons.


But he has the Priesthood, and that is his experience of manhood to pass down to his sons.


I'm so thankful for the priesthood and I'm so Thankful that these keys and offices have been entrusted to men. I think it's important for them. It's a push, a reason for then to heighten then spiritual awareness and soften their hearts to service that doesn't come naturally to most men, the way it does for women. I've seen men in my life become much more than they would be on their own, when entrusted with this sacred responsibility of service and love. 

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

No comments: