Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lehi Nehi


We started reading this "picture scripture" book to Rychen P. a few months ago, and also Grandma Gremlich gave us some church board books. I thought I'd have to push them on him, but Rychen P. loves them! He always asks to read his "Lehi Nehi" book, referring to the picture on the front cover where Nephi builds the boat. (It's so hilarious how he calls it that. It always makes me think of Knee-high stockings. Ha!)
And how convenient that the front cover is of that? Rychen P.'s favorite primary song is Nephi's Courage. So we look at the picture and sing, The lord commanded Nephi to go and build a boat! etc. At the chorus, Rychen joins in. He practically yells this: "I will Go! I will DOOOOOOOO!" with his fist up towards the sky.
I'm so thankful that Rychen has his curiosity about scripture stories already. A couple Sundays ago, he sat while I read the words to an entire Church History board book. Now he recognizes pictures of Joseph Smith. Yay :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.

Lilly has some really nice board book versions of the Book of Mormon and New Testament. She calls them her 'Jesus' books and she loves them!