Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Puzzles, Blocks, & Clifford!

Rychen P. is so into puzzles right now, it's awesome! He can do a 20-30 peice puzzle all by himself, but I can't explain how. Who knows? We sit and watch him, who knows how his brain works? It's all trial and error. We've tried to teach him how to see the straight edges, or how to match up peices of the same picture, but he doesn't get it! He just tries to fit peices in and finds a way--and then MEMORIZES it! The next time he does it, he'll just put the right peice exactly where it needs to go. He's so brillliant.

(p.s. Where are his pants, you ask? I promise I do dress my child. We had just gotten home from the library, where he had a HUGE accident! We had to change him in the car - can we say Yuck! - and it took like 20 wipes to clean up. Ah, the joys of motherhood...)

So this puzzle craze all started with a little book of Spot puzzles a couple months ago, and then a friend gave us this Clifford puzzle (which is very, very worn now). Check out all the Clifford stuff, Rychen P.'s favorite character (he also knows Dora but mostly Map, and Spiderman).

We also bought these blocks for him, which he loves. So this past week he's just been switching off, blocks and puzzle. (It's a new puzzle with like 50 peices, a U.S. map. He doesn't do that one by himself yet.)

Anyway I thought this way funny. This afternoon, Rychen came home from work and got down to do blocks with him. I ended up distracting Rychen P. for ten minutes or so, and Rychen just kept on building. What a cute husband! Here's his brilliant architecture.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Your little boys are so cute!