Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Preschool fun

We went to preschool today at a friend's house to see how Rychen would like it. It went really well! We're excited to do this cooperative with other moms in the ward next fall. What they did today was show and tell, storytime, handwriting, craft, painting, and snack (all under the "animals" theme). Periodically I asked Rychen if he was ready to go home, but he was really intent on staying! It was fun for me to compare his mentality to that of the preschool age children (attention span, finger dexterity, etc.). He doesn't sit still for storytime but he did pretty well at staying focused on the crafts. We've never painted before, but he really took to it, mixing all the colors of course, and using the paintbrush like a crayon! He socialized a little bit (being chatty) but didn't quite understand all the girls, and why they were so loud!

Here is a picture of his crafts - Moose antlers, a painted Lion canvas, and a page of stickers.



Lots of fun! So Kelli and Jocelyn, what do you say for next fall? :)
p.s. These green shorts in the photo are affectionately termed his "daisy dukes" which he calls them as well! He loves these shorts, probably because they are green, his favorite color. They are actually part of a PJ set... oh well.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I've thought about it, and I don't think I'm doing preschool with Eleanor (at least not this year). I'm sure other moms will do it with you, though.