Thursday, May 01, 2008

Four years!

Today is Rychen's and my anniversary! This afternoon we left him with Grandma & co. and went out to Olive Garden and shopping (got new sheets, which is the "modern" gift for a 4th anniversary). At Olive Garden there was a fly in my salad so we both got free desserts! We brought them home and shared them. Fun, simple anniversary.

We wanted to start some fun family traditions but I think Rychen P. is still too young. Growing up, my family would always listen to stories on my parents' anniversary. Since we have a lot of momentos, I thought it would be fun to pull them out. Rychen P. was more interested in the binder, not the photos, so we let him go to bed and then we watched our wedding video, eating cake :) We have fun seeing how far we've come since we've been together, and we always laugh (cringe) at our old photos (I really wish someone had given me some fashion advice for my own wedding, of all occasions). It was weird to see us "B.C." (before children) - I can't remember what it was like, and what a weird thought that Rychen P. wasn't even a part of our lives. (I was saying to somebody, I can't picture having a baby, but they said once they are born you won't be able to picture life without them, and I see this was true for us then too.)

It's been a big 4 years with lots of growth, and I can still say I am grateful for the choice I made to marry my sweetheart :) We're so blessed to be a family. What a great day to celebrate the fact!

3 comments:

Paige said...

Congrats!! Hope they replaced your salad as well... I once had a LIVING spider served to me in a salad at Ottavio's (here in Provo) and they did do a thing!

Anonymous said...

There was a fly in your salad?!?! Ugh.

Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

I can't believe it's been 4 years! I still remember it very clearly going to your reception and in awe that a cultural hall could look so good. Bytheway, at the time you looked so beautiful--who cares about what you "think" you looked like now. You had a beautiful dress! Yummy taco meal--I just can't stand the time it takes to have all homemade stuff.