Wednesday, April 01, 2009

First food: banana!

Elisabeth had her first real meal today, a third of a banana mushed between my fingers and finger-fed. It was done without fanfare--seemed really natural since we've gone so gradually. About 2 months ago she started sucking on carrot and apples as "toys" and a few weeks ago started wanting my bananas and carrots, and would mouth them but only get chunks too big to eat. I had tried giving her a small peice of banana, but she didn't know what to do with it (was not chewing/swallowing) and still just wanted to hold my big banana. But today she finally is ready. It was unexpected... I was just cleaning up the kitchen. But when I moved the bananas, she started crying out, and as I walked away she really started crying like she really wanted one! (yes, she recognizes it) So I said, "hmm.. Ok" and tried it. So first real meal at almost 7 1/2 months!  Now I am excited to make green smoothies to give to her,and get her started on greens early, so it's just another food. That's something I forgot about with Rychen and had to work over time to teach him to enjoy greens (Now he loves green smoothies).

No comments: