Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Human Body Lesson & Art

We've been reading books about the human body lately. So when we were at Costco and I happened to spy these huge sheets of cardboard, did I hesitate? Nope! I didn't let the fact that I was already pushing a 170-lb. shopping cart stop me, neither the fact that we were all exhausted from our errands and Elisabeth was already crying. When you see an opportunity and catch a vision, you gotta snatch it up! Even if it means balancing these things on top of toilet paper and watermelons, all the way through the warehouse store, to the very end of the parking lot. You gotta do what you gotta do!

We traced both Rychen and Elisabeth. On Elisabeth's body, we drew organs, bones, muscles, and blood vessels, explaining each one.


...on Rychen's body, I told him he could do whatever he wanted.
Naturally, he chose to paint!


What a beautiful, colorful body! (you can tell he did the left side first and then got lazy. ha!)

...and check out these glittery fingernails!



Learning is so much fun!

1 comment:

Kosel Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun! You were motivated to drag those things all the way through there with tired kiddos! <3 the Usborne body books!