Monday, July 19, 2010

Idiot

well I am a true, blue idiot. I am so foolish, I hurt myself again running and I have been too ashamed to even tell people. It's 100% my fault and I should have been smarter and avoided it, but I was too overzealous and eager to increase the mileage on my long runs - oh, and go from working out 2 days a week to 5 days a week, all at once!

the good news is, my knee is now completely healed, and my toenails aren't a problem anymore (and probably won't ever be again, now that they are dead). and so hopefully I will have a new left foot as good as new, 4 weeks from now. At that point I may decide to train for the Mesquite NV Marathon November 20th, or I may decide to never don my running apparel, ever ever again!

in the meantime I am a helpless bed addict and my children could really benefit from getting out of the house! thanks to a friend in the ward for lending me crutches to use when I do leave the house. but frankly I'd rather not.

(if you're re-considering trying to get into running, let me assure you that running is safe. however, not if you are an idiot and refuse to follow training schedules.)

No comments: