Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tri-For-Life Triathalon

My first triathalon was a great experience. It was really fun except for the exercising parts. But of course it was all worth it and felt great!


Juicing up before leaving the house











Really crammed in the car, with my bike across the back seat!








Swam 500 meters in about 12 1/2 minutes
















Transition 1 (from pool to bike)























Biking was harder than I prepared for. I felt like a little volkswagon bug getting passed by a bunch of Ferrarris. In other words, I paid $75 for my old mountain bike, and not $2,000 for a speedy little Tri Bike. And the course was very, very, very boring!! The 12 miles took me about 55 minutes.






So at this point I was just a wee bit tired, so I walked some of the 5K, timed about 30 minutes for the run portion, and got 1 hour 45 minutes overall.




Here I am with Renetta Fredericks who is pretty much the triathlete role model of our stake. So I was honored to do a few minutes with her.

...and I don't know why my blog post got all weird but I am done, so it's just gonna have to look like this!

2 comments:

Made You Laugh said...

Way to go! Inspiring! You did a great job..I think it was even more taxing for you b;c of your bike. So kudos to you and taking the plunge. I am yet to do a tri! maybe soon I will knowing you did it too!
Victoria Arnstein

Laura Nyman said...

Good time! It is impressive you did it with a mtn bike.