Saturday, March 19, 2011

Girly Boy

When Rychen P. was born, I was aspiring to be a very sentimental mama. I told my husband Rychen I wanted to use a tape recorder or do a video, and tell our child all of our mushy feelings about the day he was born, so he could hear about it when he got older. This idea was returned with a disapproving brow, and Rychen retorted, "He is a BOY. He will not CARE about that when he gets older." I figured he knew more about being a boy than I did, do I surrendered.
 
...almost 6 years later, we have a sentimental BOY who LOVES to cuddle non-stop, appreciates all pictures from back when he was little, and is always begging for STORIES!
 
He would have loved that video... Shoulda gone with my mommy instincts.

1 comment:

molly. said...

Always go with the mommy instincts!! But you can still share those thoughts with him now. :)