So this week we are working on literature. I got this idea to do a mini "Book Report" worksheet to work on handwriting while learning this concept. So he's done a worksheet like this every day, for different books we read. This one is for "Puss in Boots," and this is NOT a good model of handwriting (it's one of those things he can do, but refuses to, because it's much more fun to write sloppy or imitate the font used on the cover of the book. Can you read what it says?
Other times, a learning opportunity just presents itself so easily. Rychen was looking through the newspaper and telling me what things cost in the grocery ads. So I made up an activity and asked him to buy me ingredients for a salad, with only $4.00. He doesn't understand the cost-per-pound, so we are just buying 1 lb/unit of everything. :)
3 comments:
Sounds like it is going well! It is so much fun to get to see my boys learning how to read, write, do math and when they discover small things like periods at the end of a sentence :)
You know I put up my homeschool posts just for you, CeAnne :)
Today we were reading a first grade social studies book about the US and I was just thinking "This is all going over his head... " but I guess its just exposure at this age so they are familiar with it.
So after 20 minutes of that we switched to probability because math just comes so much easier
That's quite the random salad...too much red onion for me. :)
Post a Comment