Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Are you really a mean person?"

I won't lie, I get into my workouts. I make stuff up, and I don't care.
 
So my latest invention is "spin-boxing" where you add an upper body workout to your spinning routine. While you are cycling with your legs, you do some punches with your arms.
 
So imagine me doing that, iPod turned up loud, looking fierce at the mirror, punching and punching.
 
Next thing I know, there is this old man (who had been walking loops on the indoor track, close to the cardio area) standing a bit too close to me, staring at me. Really caught me by surprise. So I turn off my music and say "Hello" (Just like anybody would, in an awkward situation with an elderly person).
 
He says to me, "I just wanted to know if you are really a mean person. You look like you're getting ready to beat somebody up."
 
So I laugh and assure him that I am a nice person, but I do get a bit intense with my boxing and I was really focused on my workout!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, love that one :-)

Christa Jeanne said...

Haha, wow, that's awesome!!!

Corinne Ritz said...

That is Hilarious! Made me laugh! That is a really funny question! I can't believe he was serious!