I've never done homemade pasta before; I thought it was complicated or I needed a machine... But I was watching a lady on Foodography make pasta noodles the old fashioned way (without a machine)... she just rolled out the dough and cut strips with a knife, and put it in boiling water! It was so simple, how could I not jump up and try it myself??
So I just did exactly what I saw, with no recipe! Haha.. Turned out very rough, but still... it's just FUN to try something yourself, you know?
I made dough with flour, egg, baking powder, and water. Same consistency as pizza dough.

Then I boiled the noodles for just 4 minutes.

Mine were pretty thick so it wasn't like the fettucini I was going for; it was more like broken up lasagna noodles!! Oh well, fun experience.
We also used cookie cutters to make huge pasta shapes! haha!!
3 comments:
Yay for a DIY project! I make pumpkin ravoli's in the winter.. yum yum!
We tried making pasta once too. I think ours turned out even thicker. :)
What a fun idea! I've watched a friend make pasta with a press and crank thing. I never thought you could do it the 'old fashioned' way! Good for you for trying it out!
Post a Comment