Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pocatello marathon in 3 weeks!

I forgot to mention, I AM DOING A MARATHON IN THREE WEEKS!!! Holy crap!

I am way excited. I have been running about 30 mile weeks, four days per week. I run an hour at a time except Saturdays I run 2-3 hours. My longest run was 20 miles and I have one more of those in a few days, then taper.

The first half of the race will be downhill so I have been running the decline treadmill at the gym to prepare. Good thing I have that resource! Cuz my hips hurt! Better now than during the race.

Rychen and I are running it together. I would be thrilled to get a time under 4'15" and if everything lines up right it could be closer to 4 hours. I divide my runs into chunks and check my progress. I usually run 6 miles the first hour, then 7 miles each additional hour. And that's on flat ground, so the race will be faster. I just hope I can keep running the last few miles, I know I will be hurting!! I wish I could have trained for longer runs, like Jeff Galloway recommends. Oh well. I will be carrying fresh OJ, my secret weapon. It has never failed me on race day! I keep my energy up the whole time.

Here is a cool video I found. I might like to do something like this. Would anybody want me to document it during the race?

Pocatello Marathon  Sept. 5, 2009

No comments: