Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Taylor!

For Taylor's birthday we went to Chuck E. Cheese with Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Madison. We baked a cake and ordered pizza, and let the older kids play. 

(Everytime we go to Chuck E Cheese I say we are never coming back, but somehow we always find our way back there...)

Taylor is doing well eating solids. We finally bought an actual high chair and have him sitting with us at dinner time. For a while there we were holding him in one arm and eating/feeding him with the other...and that was ridiculous, not to mention embarrassing when we had guests over. Sometimes we are just real bums! But I found a cheap-o high chair since we are so cheap. I am not a big fan of feeding babies, if you know me. I breastfeed for as long as possible because it's just the easier, CLEANEST way to feed a baby. I hate when they start throwing foods and smearing it everywhere... so Taylor still doesn't eat with us every day. He usually has a fruit meal early in the day and may or may not join in for dinner. His favorite foods are avocado, dates, and potatoes. Still pretty limited repertoire because he only has a couple teeth, but we have mastered the soft foods (if you ever lose your teeth and don't know what to eat, I will share my list with you!)  Potato wedges are a pretty good food that he can hold in his hand and take bites of, without needing to chew--only producing a few crumbs. The birthday cake actually worked pretty well for him too, and we have done other flour products a few times. We are still going easy with the grains because he tends to get constipated; I suspect he is gluten-intolerant like his brother, we'll see... This week I started feeding him mashed beans which appear to be a good food choice for him as well.

No comments: