Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Taylor at 13 months

Taylor is growing up so much lately. He is much more stable standing up and taking steps without falling down. We joke that it's exciting for us, be he doesn't really care. He has been totally content crawling around--he's got a fairly speedy crawl. So he is joining Rychen P. in the ranks of slow walkers. (Elisabeth walked at 10 months! Interesting to see the differences)


 I took these pictures this morning because (a) I haven't photographed my children in a while, and (b) This is a milestone - actually playing with some things using HANDS rather than putting them in his MOUTH! He found a jar of coins and was asking to play with it. Being the cool mom that I am, I decided to sit down and supervise him to allow him to play with coins and see if he could do it...responsibly. and he did :)


 I recognize this phase - when play time is about putting small objects in a container, and taking them out again, etc... He has been doing this lately. It's cute because he will want to clean up his own messes. I tell him we are cleaning up and he puts his toys back in the box.

Sorry to brag, but my boy is just such a cutie!!






Taylor is a very busy child. Multiple times he has gotten into stuff (rather dirty, disgusting things) and we find the mess, or we find him in the mess. I share the funny stories but the worst ones I keep to myself out of sheer embarrassment for not being a better mom! But let's face it, it's just hard to keep track of a little mischief maker all day when there are so many other things I need to get done! 

No comments: