Rychen is doing chess club, geography, and space club after school at a local elementary school. It's nice to get involved, for both of us. He recently did a chess tournament and won 2nd place in his division (a group of beginners). He just started playing chess recently so that was a nice surprise.
..and of course we are preparing Rychen P. for his upcoming baptism! :-) He and I have been reading the Book of Mormon and having good discussions every night before bed. I was thinking I really want him to have a good base of gospel understanding and know why we get baptized but also have his own recognition of his personal need for baptism and make his own choice to do so. Plus It's a nice tradition to get some one-on-one time after the younger kids are asleep. I want to do this with all the kids before they get baptized.
So, this year Rychen (Sr) is looking at doing a couple more 1/2-Ironman Triathlons in addition to the Pocatello Marathon; and he is hoping to find several local halves. I am signed up for the Seattle and Pocatello full marathons and will probably do some shorter races in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment