Sunday, November 18, 2007

Yum Yummy!

We had fun at dinner tonight. First, Rychen P. said, "Look! A banana chair!" I thought it was so cute that we grabbed the camera....



And here's a fun meal idea we figured out on accident - and WOW they are SO GOOD! And not in a healthy-good sort of way, in a REALLY yum-yum way!

1. Cut a BIG potato really thin, length-wise, using a mandolin.
2. Bake the thin slices long enough to be soft, but NOT crispy.
3. Fill them with something and roll up like a tortilla!


For our filling we used lentils spiced with turmeric, ginger, and coriander, mixed with egg, topped with avocado and honey.

I just made this up without meaning to. We were eating lentils for dinner and also baking potatos. Normally we do wedges, but we didn't have enough time for them to bake so we did the mandolin slices. Then I had the idea to put my lentils in it! Rychen P. had the avocado/honey on his plate, so I stole those and made these cute little wraps. How fun! We love making up dishes around here. It's something Rychen and I both enjoy. (One of his favorite things to make is taco salad, with his own corn tortilla home-made spicy strips!)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Looks yummy!! Hey, it was fun catching up on your blog. I hope that your weaning transition is going good. I really need to get my act together and come and see you!!!!