Wow, it's been a week already!? I have hardly left my bed. It's been a sweet babymoon / healing time. I am so blessed to have my mom here to play with Rychen and to prepare lots of meals all day long, and keep things clean! Rychen is so supportive and also helpful with anything I need, especially emotionally as I adjust.
So I had tons of energy the first 24 hours, we even had some relatives over for a "Birthday party" the day after the birth. But since then I have been wiped out, and was taking it easy for my tear to heal. I think it's pretty much healed now. I have been taking baths to ease the discomfort but usually get interrupted by Elisabeth wanting to nurse! But now that her cord has fallen off, she came in the bath with me and loved it!
Rychen P. is doing really well. He adores Elisabeth, and likes to hold her or hug her. He has special jobs to help clean up and look after her. I think he likes being involved with this effort. He also joins me in singing our song to Elisabeth, Cutie girl Cutie girl, How do you do? Cutie girl, Cutie girl, I love you!! etc. (to the tune of Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear)
Today I am leaving the house to go to the farmers market. I want Elisabeth to get some fresh air, and for my own sanity of course! (and to pick out some great produce! the fridge is bare!) We'll see how she does in the car. I wanted to ride the bus, but the fare is just too expensive now. I am carrying Elisabeth in an Asian carrier, or Mei Tai. I also have a Moby wrap. These carriers are so handy to hold her while I move around the house, so my hands are free. The Moby I especially like because I can wear her skin-to-skin without showing any (The picture below, and the bottom of "Annalise Googled" is a Moby wrap).
No comments:
Post a Comment