
We hadn't gotten an open-eye picture yet so I quickly snapped this with the webcam just now. My mom says "She looks like the part of Rychen's family that Rychen doesn't look like." How perfectly stated! Can you see it in the eyes? It's something that Carol and Courtney have, I can't put my finger on it.

I also wanted to show you mamas out there my great idea. Here we are nursing, but who can tell? I decided to wear camisoles underneath my shirt, so that I could pull up my shirt, pull down the cami neckline, and nurse without exposing anything. Also, to make nursing easy at home, I made a special nursing shirt. Basically I just took a regular shirt and cut it off at the breast, just above the nipple. So I am all covered, but the baby can nurse, and I don't have to pull anything up. When I wear this on top of the camisole I am fully covered, but I can nurse so easily! (It's just a little bit ugly) Maybe somebody could patent this idea, and sew cute shrug-type tops, paired with a matching bra-cami to wear with it! FYI I found some cheap camis at Winco. I bought several colors, 2 for $7. They have to be the type that has the built-in bra.
3 comments:
This is Rychen's cousin Lyndsey (my "identity" is a lowercase L. It always looks like "I said". Poor planning). I had to read your post like five times to "get" it [I don't do any nursing] but now that I think I have it figured out, it sounds brilliant! Maybe I'll get to try it someday. By the way, I think you are very brave. Congratulations.
Congrats on the sweet baby. Your nursing idea sounds good to me - I'll have to try it when our little one is born. Did you do the natural thing again? If so, 2-3 hours sounds like a breeze!
Hey I have a pattern for a great nursing cover and it takes me no time to make it. If you want one, let me know and I'll make you one!
Post a Comment