For a couple weeks, Elisabeth has been "interested in food," but I was hesitant to start solids early, so I tested her -- and as it turns out, she just loves to grab whatever is in my hand--and she just loves to put whatever she is holding in her mouth. But it does seem that she is interested in bright foods like carrots and apples, and certainly likes to participate in mealtimes. So I have started sharing food with her - if I am eating a carrot stick, I give her one to suck on. Or, I let her play with a whole apple like a ball--chasing it, mouthing it, etc. -- a great toy with no paint or plastics!! :-) Also when I am eating apples I will give her licks in between my bites. So she is tasting it, but hasn't actually swallowed any food yet. I think this is fun for her and is a great first step to getting excited about fruits and veggies!
Also, she recently cut the 2 bottom teeth. A day later, she developed a "red mustache," which I am pretty sure is a bug bite. Looks just like something I had last summer - small blister surrounded by a non-itchy, painless rash.
And so close to crawling!!! She scoots by propelling herself forward from a plank position, and also rocks on hands and knees.
1 comment:
Wow they grow so fast...
Post a Comment