Thursday, February 05, 2009
Clarmont Trio
Today there was a great opportunity for kids to attend a free, educational mini-concert put on by Clarmont Trio. This is an international group of three young women playing the piano, cello, and violin. They are very talented, and charming too! So they played some short peices, and in between did some interacting with the children. They asked some music trivia, gave information about the music and instruments, and did some fun activities - for instance, "Imagine this music is about a bear in the woods. Listen to this part and then tell us what you think the bear is doing" and "How does this music make you feel? Is this angry or happy music?" etc. All in all very educational and great exposure for the kids. Rychen P. got into it, even listening and answering questions (he knows some things from Little Einsteins, such as what allegro and crescendo mean, etc.) and moving to the music. And I admit, I had a great time too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like it was fun! I pictured it being more of a regular concert than a kid thing. Sorry we missed out. Karin was the only one to come but we enjoyed our smoothies and the kids had a blast!
That sounds fun! I think my girls would have liked it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been so bad about posting that it doesn't get read much anymore. I hope that mosting more will change that! Yes, I did start young. I was 19 when I had Kiandra.
Post a Comment