I received the following comment from an acquaintance:
"Annalise, your house is always so clean. Are you extremely organized or do you just not have very much stuff?"
ha! A smart question, for therein lies the key to a clean house and a simple life! Anybody who knows me knows the answer to this question. I am always going through closets, getting rid of stuff, throwing things away, giving things away, and otherwise shedding the weight of unnecessary "stuff" !! Due to this habit, moving has been a breeze. And due to this habit, I have many times bought an item for the second time (that I used to own). Ah, oh well. Give stuff away, hope it comes back to you. That's my motto!
3 comments:
I have the exact same philosophy. I am constantly giving stuff to goodwill, giving it to friends or selling it. HA People are always like Won't you need that later? I don't know, but I don't want to look at it now! I breathe easier with less in general.
Getting rid of things is such a wonderful feeling! I wish my husband felt the same way, though. :) Oh well, I get rid of as much as I can.
Good plan. We have been cleaning out stuff and selling stuff.. its nice to get rid of it all! I think I'll do some more tomorrow :o) I too have the 'might need it later' attitude but it probably isn't worth holding on to it for 5 years.
Post a Comment