Our sweet little kitty is quite the ferocious predator. Of course we know cats like to bring home mice..... but what I saw today completely took me by surprise.
I was enjoying my watermelon when I glanced out to the back porch and saw the cat playfully tossing around what looked like a rope. I couldn't think of any rope we had left out on the porch so I looked a bit closer... What the.... It's a SNAKE!!!!! I watched the snake writhe for a few moments until it was lifeless (but still wiggling--they have a strange capacity to do their swiveling action even when they are dead). But did I sit their gaping? No way man, I grabbed the camera!! Got a sweet, and very funny, video. The cat spent less than ten minutes with that catch and disappeared (meanwhile Rychen P. went out to try out the game she was playing).
Not a half hour later, Rychen P. says to me, "Mommy, NOW LOOK what's on the patio!" Oh no, don't even tell me..... Umm okay there is a big furry creature laying face-up and not moving. I basically see a furball with HUGE monster HANDS. What the heck is that, it's not a rat but it's the ugliest rodent I've ever seen. It's a bit bigger than a good size rat, but more body and less tail, a big snout, and huge person-like HANDS (and small feet). What is that? I could only think maybe a mole. Something that burrows.
Gross.
Well it gets grosser because we had kids coming over and I had to get my patio socially-acceptable, pronto. So I had to put a plastic bag over my hand and pick up those two innocent victims and toss them over the fence.
Beware anybody who wants to buy the lot behind us!
1 comment:
...but not before I saw them! Your cat is quite the hunter! Those moles are hard to catch. We used to have those in our front lawn - sooo annoying. They'd dig holes and leave big piles of dirt. Yeah, they are ugly. There's also something called a 'vole' similar to a mole but I don't know the difference.
Post a Comment