Friday, May 29, 2009

Takin off

Hooray, my business is taking off. Starting June 6th I will be selling at the Salem Saturday Market (personal and professional stamped cards) and my professional cards aren't doing too bad either. It's rough though, a lot of time and money investment to start off. I mailed out 50 brochures and didn't hear from anyone so I started doing follow-up calls. I called 20 of them, which led to 4 sales visits, which led to 1 sale so far. Need one more sale to cover the investment on the marketing and then we'll be making profits. Anyway I found it kind of exhilarating to do sales visits. At first I was super nervous (that's why I waited for a couple weeks) but as it turned out, everybody is really nice and I totally loved getting dressed nice and getting out on my own to do some grown-up work, getting a taste of the professional world I left 4 years ago. Fun stuff! How strange, now I can't wait to do more. I have 30 more calls to make to follow up on those brochures, plus about 20 to follow up on some other samples I sent out for a different type of card. It's kind of crazy that all this is happening at once though. If I had just thought of the Saturday Market sooner, I would have waited on doing professional cards. Because I really think the Saturday Market is my ticket. We'll see! Rychen and I talked about a family vacation we could plan and work toward. A fun incentive!

Here is some info about my professional cards. Eventually if things go well, we'll get a real website.

1 comment:

TopHat said...

I'm glad it's going well! I'd like to re-vamp my own etsy shop (currently empty) but I'm afraid it wouldn't be worth it with the economy.