Monday, May 18, 2009

Tis the Season!

We are so excited for WATERMELON SEASON!! I bought 5 small watermelons today. We've been having watermelon for lunch outside in the sun. Yum!! I really look forward to summer, we've been nuts over watermelon (and cantaloupe, and all the U-picks) the past couple years. In just a couple weeks it will be time to pick strawberries! You'll know where to find us :)

3 comments:

Kosel Family said...

Mmmm, yummy! I bought some strawberries and cantalope today for dinner tomorrow :) Let us know when you go picking, my boys love it. Have you done blueberries before? We have an awesome upick blue berry farm out near us and they had figs last year. I've never had a fresh fig before that!

AJ said...

YUM!!! Figs are my ultimate favorite!! They have u-pick figs??? Tell me more!

Blueberries are the easiest berry to pick, so we do a lot of those. We go to Fordyce's on Sunnyview, a couple miles past Cordon Rd. They all have kinds of berries for 95 cents/lb.

Anonymous said...

We agree with your watermelon sentiments. We've been buying them every grocery trip. Sooo good and refreshing...