Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Skin picking
I just found this article randomly - http://mothering.com/skin-picking - and it was interesting to read. I was a skin picker for many years. I was so weird, it was such a weird habit that nobody else did. There isn't even a name for it, but there's a name for compulsive hair-pulling, if you can believe it! In my wedding pictures you can see scars on my arms from my scabs I would pick for months. I literally had the same wounds for months because I picked them every day and they couldn't heal. How did I stop? I am still a compulsive person but my mind is improving over time, but mostly I stopped the skin picking because my zits cleared up when I switched to a healthier diet. Still, I will break out a bit if there is much fat in my diet, and I find myself picking at those. But the habit isn't as bad as it used to be, and they will heal in about a week. Weirdness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The boys and I both do that. I figured they did it because I did. My mom did too. Paul is always after me for it. Homeopathy should help with the anxiety part I guess... I do it mostly out of boredom.It started when I worked for the state and we had long periods of time with no work but still had to sit there and wait for it to come in (copy work).
Post a Comment