The past couple weeks (while we were out of town, incidentally) Elisabeth's language has really taken off. We hear words probably 10 times a day, although there is a lot of repeat. The words I hear most often are "ball" and "bite" (repeatedly, as she is suddenly eating a lot more also!) - and other words recently debuted are "balloon" (pronounced ba-yoon), "hello" (on the phone), "Emmy" (aunt Emily), "crayon" and "down" (to get down from her chair).
Before going to Las Vegas, Elisabeth's solid foods had only been tons of fruit, avocado (which apparently she is sensitive to, as it gave her a painful rash three times), cooked vegetables, potatos, and squash. I was delaying introducing common allergens because of Rychen's situation. And now, a mere two weeks later, she has eaten pretty much everything I eat. Crackers, pasta, lentils, bread (Ssh! Don't tell Rychen P., he'll be so jealous), almond butter, pancakes, peas, hummus, even pizza crust. Her favorite is the dehydrated apples from the chuch cannery, which my mom keeps in a cupboard. Elisabeth would periodically wander to the cupboard and grab at the can, asking for some. I am relieved to give Elisabeth some typical/processed foods without seeing any signs of problems, the way Rychen displays them (addiction/obsession, allergies, behavioral problems) and she nibbles at them casually, not at all like the way Rychen eats. I did notice the more she eats these foods, the less she is interested in fresh fruit, unfortunately. But still, her most favorite foods are tomato and strawberry, and she never turns down a green smoothie! Good girl. Anyway, we are home now, and the closest thing in this house to processed food is a homemade whole grain flax muffin! So we are back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment