I've had to talk to Rychen P. about absolute statements, after hearing it THREE TIMES in the past 24 hours. This guy has his PhD in whining, I tell you.
1. "Nothing in my life is fair!" got him sent to his room, and he could not come out until he thought of three things in his life that are fair.
2. "When you're mean to me, I feel like nobody loves me" - after he was done crying, I asked him why Grandma doesn't love him just because he has a mean mom.
3. and then we had to finish the day off with "Everyday is a rough day!" when I expressed sympathy that he'd had a rough day.
Whew!!
Now whenever YOUR kids complain, just tell them how lucky they are that they don't have to live Rychen's poor life. Poor, poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment