What do I need up catch up on?
Andrew lived with us for a bit over 2 months. Things were fun and crazy at the same time. Rychen P. goes crazy when we have visitors and that never really settled down the entire time. But it was so nice to have some family around, enjoying the kids. Andrew taught them some really fun things like German and various facts of knowledge, and also did some video making with Rychen P. He also spent a good deal of time helping out our older friend from church and "hanging out" with the missionaries in various things.
He left on Christmas Eve and we had a nice Christmas with Rychen's family. Rychen P's favorite part of Christmas is driving around to see the lights. The kids also got excited about buying and wrapping (and opening!) gifts. I took each of them separately to choose a gift for the other. We were really busy the couple weeks before Christmas, wrapping lots of presents. It surprsied me how much of my time was spent "getting ready for Christmas." Also I really enjoyed the West Salem holiday concert.
Around the house, I didn't realize how much craziness Christmas would bring because the kids are obsessed with their new toys and don't want to sleep much lately. So basically we have had 2-1/2 months of hyperactivity (okay okay there was some sugar in there to blame too... enough!) and I am just ready to get back to a structured routine! I seriously miss pouring more time into homeschool activities.
...but alas that is not happening anytime soon because baby #3 is due to arrive in the next week or two. Life never slows down!!
My mom is coming to stay with us next week and she usually has a calming influence on Rychen P. That will be good. In the meantime we are just hanging out, trying to keep the house in order.
1 comment:
SO funny to read this knowing that you had the baby later in the day! Congrat's! Good thing you caught up on the blog while you had the chance!
Post a Comment