Homebirth midwives have a saying, "Pregnancy is not a disease." I thought I totally agreed with that, but COME ON - it's nearly impossible not to feel at least Handicapped. I mean, I am simply not capable of doing everything I am used to doing. So many projects have been left undone. It feels horrible to put things off and put things off, or just not do them at all... Christmas cards, visiting teaching, organizing closets, certain educational outings I really wanted to do this year.
I am normally somebody who is busy all day getting things done, and this resting business is just not my cup of tea! I hate having things undone and I hate asking for help. Don't get me wrong, I love having people involved and wanting to help. But it can just be so tedious when I could (and should) be able to do it myself, which I would do so much quicker!!
It is very humbling.
No comments:
Post a Comment