It was interesting that Taylor was born a week early. On one hand, I thought I was someone who would always go to the due date plus, as had been my history. But on the other hand, I kind of knew all along that it would be early. One reason is I thought the working out would encourage earlier labor, but also some intuition to a degree.
When my mom scheduled her flight to be here for the birth, she told me January 4th and my first (gut) response was "ehh, that is too late.". But my rational mind combatted that, thinking how crazy it would be to fly out way before the due date when I have never gone early before.
We were also wanting a 2011 baby for selfish reasons...tax deduction and primary class placement. So I admit, I was praying for it too! I was thinking about our plans, and the week after Christmas sounded like a good time. Without talking about it, rychen took down all the Christmas stuff the very day after. It was like mentally we needed to get that over and done with so we could move on and do the baby thing. I had a big work day scheduled for Thursday, so I told myself anytime after that would be great.
Wednesday night, rychen's brother came over for games. Rychen p. asked when he was going home and he replied, "never!" to which rychen quickly said, "oh I don't think you want to stay, we're going to have a baby!" I thought, what a funny comment considering I was more than a week from my due date!
The other prophetic thing was the blessing I had Monday the 26th said that I would have my baby at home in the next few days. I didn't take it too seriously, since blessings aren't always literal, but you better believe my ears perked up!!
Thursday afternoon, I was having sporadic contractions, "false labor" when rychen p asked if we could have waffles for dinner. I said "I don't know! We could have a baby by dinner time!"
So it all came true, what do you know. I finished all my packing and shipping Thursday early afternoon, and active labor began within a few hours! We had a baby less than 24 hours after rychen's comment to Whitney, and the kids were gone at dinner time.
3 comments:
I look back to my first pregnancy and I think I intuitively knew that the birth would be after the due date. I remember my childbirth teacher being so worried about finishing the class before someone gave birth. I thought at the time, "Why are you so worried? The last class is before anyone's due date, and I thought you told us first pregnancies usually go late." But it's not as if I didn't know that it wasn't a guarantee. As a look back, I'm just amazed that giving birth before my due date was not even a possibility that crossed my mind.
With my 2nd pregnancy, I didn't expect to go as long as my first pregnancy because I knew 2nd pregnancies are typically earlier. But, right at 39 weeks, when I had a couple hours of stronger contractions than I had before, I wondered if I would make it past my due date. I felt that the birth would be right on the due date, but I was wrong. Instead the birth was a couple days past the 39 week mark. Maybe my will was creating the feeling of "intuition" since I didn't want to give birth that week. (I had too much going on.)
Oh, one more thought - It seemed to me that there were a lot of babies due in early January. I personally knew two other people, and all three of you gave birth in December! (Which is nice for taxes!)
Whoa!!! That is crazy! I am so glad you wrote that all out. I really enjoyed reading that!
Post a Comment