I wanted to bear my testimony today but I had to stay home with sick Taylor. So I thought I would share it here.
I have been blessed with a wonderful visiting teacher. She rarely brings a "message," but she has taught me the most powerful and important lesson I have needed to hear these past few months. She came into our home and showered us with love and affection. She tells me every time how incredible and priceless my children are, asking "Aren't you just overcome with absolute ecstasy? Can you even believe that God gave you such jewels?" she has such a cute way of putting things. But her words get into my mind and I think of them often. Lately these words have reached my heart. What an amazing thing she is teaching me. This is the most important lesson I need to hear, and only Heavenly Father knew that.
These past two days have been incredibly trying. Staying up all night carrying Sick Taylor so he can sleep, while sick myself, while living out of a suitcase and a few boxes. Yet I have been comforted and not emotionally weakened. Because I am serving and caring for such a priceless jewel! Then this morning it hit me... Everything we go through for children ..from pregnancy and childbirth to sick nights, tantrums, financial and time sacrifice, even sacrificing our pride and at times dignity! Just think of the VALUE of something you invest into in such a way. Children are worth more than any riches. But think of how carefully we treat our fine expensive things. Now shouldn't we treat. Hidden just as lovingly and respectfully?
I was reading the nativity story earlier this week and was particularly struck at a certain scripture. When Mary is told she will bare God's son and she mulls it over, she says "Behold, the handmaiden of the Lord!" basically saying Yes, I am His. I consecrate each day to Him. Whatever he asks, I will do. What a wonderful attitude of service. I want to think of this quote every morning as I begin my duties as a mother in Zion. Yes Lord, I am your handmaiden. I will serve with no recognition, I will listen to fits and whining, I will clean up the same mess over and over again, I will repeat myself ten times before they learn!! This is what He has asked of me. And I am rewarded with the most priceless gifts.
4 comments:
I am SO glad that I read this today! Your words touched me so much, and filled me up. Thank you so much for pouring out your spirit in such a public forum! It was so beautifully said!
Thanks Annalise. I needed to read this today.
Need an update lady! Suit case and boxes? As Catholics we say a prayer called the Angelus three times a day. It starts out The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary... then a Hail Mary... then Behold the Handmaid of the Lord... Haily Mary prayer and then And the Word was Made Flesh, Hail Mary and finishing prayers. Its traditionally said at 6 am, noon and 6 pm so that we always remember God incarnate and Mary's answer that she (and we) shall be the Handmaid of the Lord. Hugs to you my friend!
What a lovely testimony of motherhood!!! Thanks for sharing this, Lisey. LOVE it! So true that sacrifice brings forth so much love. There's no greater investment than in children. What an incredible journey motherhood must be, sharing that kind of partnership with Heavenly Father in raising His precious children!
Post a Comment