Thursday, March 01, 2012

2 month update







Taylor is just a peach. I am so in love with him. He is very interactive now (provided he is well-rested and fed) and will smile and coo (which I call a "near-giggle" .. basically vocalizing while smiling) and its just so much fun. He sleeps so much still that it is a real treat when he is awake and ready to socialize! I can't say enough just how sweet he is.


It's nice how it reminds me of Rychen as a baby, which re-bonds me to him as well :)

Taylor sleeps well and cooperates much better than either Rychen or Elisabeth did!! I have awful flashbacks of having to bounce Elisabeth (quite violently) to get her to sleep, and then putting her in a swing in the laundry room with the dryer on!! Both of them learned to nurse to sleep and would only go to sleep for me, and then it seemed like everytime they stirred, they expected to nurse more!! I was a total shut-in in the evenings for 5 years because of this (but it makes nice birth control :-)

But TAYLOR <3 <3 I can't say enough good things about. Maybe I am more on top of things, with baby cues and what not? But he is getting into a real nice habit of laying down in bed and sleeping on his own without needing anything from me. Without meaning to, I also got him into the pattern of nursing upon waking up (because he sleeps so long!! woo!), rather than needing to nurse before he sleeps. Don't get me wrong, he is not in a solid pattern and still has days where he does nothing but cat nap and wants to be held all day, but I think that is due to gas.

Meanwhile Elisabeth is also doing pretty well, sleeping in her bed all night. She is an independent sleeper - much sooner than Rychen P. was. My flashbacks with him are of having to be in his room for an hour, waiting for him to [stop talking and] go to sleep! He just had more separation anxiety and took YEARS and years to go to sleep on his own.

So all the kids are doing well - if you overlook the sheer noise/energy level which Rychen and I still can't adjust to (Yikes, kids!) and the fact that Elisabeth STILL won't give up her nightly diapers.

No comments: