I took the kids on a trip to see my family. It was different this time - my parents moved to Kingman, Arizona and have a much less busy life, so we had a lot of time to hang out visiting and playing games. My sister Laura lives just a couple hours away, so she and her two girls came to see us also.
Here is Peter playing with Taylor.

Grandpa playing with Taylor. It looks like he is making monkey sounds. I had Taylor just hanging out in his carseat and my dad came up and started having a conversation with him. It was SO CUTE. I love that about my dad. :)

The 3 Grand-daughters. Millie and Elisabeth are 8 months apart. Becca is Laura's other daughter.


The bird marble toy, a favorite everytime we visit!

This picture didn't turn out well but I thought it was funny. We brought Rychen's to-do cards with us, and he had to do some schoolwork everyday. BUT we didn't bring school books with us, so everyday we just came up with something random! My mom took turns too. So on this day for science, she was teaching all the kids about static electricity, and did a few balloon tricks!

One day after we played Big Boggle and Rychen was working on some spelling words, I had a brilliant idea that we could hold our own spelling bee for the adults. (yes my family is so nerdy! We do brain teasers and calculus for fun family time!) so that evening we all did spelling words from the list of 100 commonly misspelled words. It was actually very funny. Andrew and I tied for first place, although we were hardly over 70%!!
the other memorable thing about this trip was playing Basketball in the church gym several times. With my family we made a good 2-on-2 game. Other than being small, Rychen P. can hold his own! And it was a lot of fun for me, I hardly ever get to play team sports.
The weather was crazy. At first it was really nice and I got in a few jogs in the sun. Then it got windy one day - and the next day SNOWY!! After a couple cold days, it was back to the 80's so we got some sunbathing in.
No comments:
Post a Comment