Sunday, April 01, 2012

Moving in progress

Here are some random pictures I snapped of our new house. I did NOT clean anything up to take these pictures! So once its all clean and decorated I will post the finished product. But here is the "in progress" collection.

Our bed - new bedding we got from Santa that we are just now putting on :) We bought a Sleigh bed frame off Craigslist but then realized they didn't give us the hardware kit, so we are waiting for the screws to assemble it. Also I have been shopping for the perfect inexpensive wall art to match ... almost ready to make my selection ... later this week.


We got this small sectional FREE at a garage sale the other day!! There is a hole in the middle where their dog took out a bite. ha ha! Oh well, can't beat free. (Especially when I need my $$ for wall art. heehee) So this is the bonus room upstairs.


the sectional is facing this:



and this game shelf next to the sectional



Here is the SCHOOL ROOM
(I still need to find a couple boxes to finish upacking books)






The school room also have a big craft table and desk for my stamping stuff. (Wahooo my own space!)

Here is the kitchen. Something about it is not quite right. We need some decor...So this is the very rough cut version.



It's one big great room - the other side of the room is this family room. Again, very rough... I need something to bring all these colors together. Or maybe just get rid of that yellow in the kitchen... I am not sure.
The nook area - what a VIEW!! We have a big deck out there, and a grassy yard below.
This is the front door, opening up to a hallway and staircase.
On the left of the front door as you enter is the living room/dining area. We don't have any furniture in the living room yet, but here is our fantastic dining set we just got from a friend.
And now the moment you've all been waiting for...... Rychen P's messy room. Sadly enough folks, this IS actually the finished product here. We switched his twin bed out for this queen size mattress right on the floor. I am such a cool mom, I had the idea to just throw down a used mattress and let them jump on it. !! They have a "boxing" game they do.


These are BLAZER colors, with matching posters, etc. up on the walls.


The two kids bedrooms and bathroom are at the end of the L-shaped hallway. So I think this part is pretty cool, with the diagonal doorframes.

And finally, here is the master bath. It's a big open archway from the bedroom, so the same colors.




Now check out how cool this is... a special table in my office made out of FOOD STORAGE BOXES!! There are 20 boxes (120 #10 cans) hiding under here.
The treadmill is going to go in my office also. First we put it upstairs but it was too loud on the 2nd floor...and we were dumb enough to put it right over the nook chandelier... which made some nice ringly jingly sound effect when Rychen did his speedwork.


So there is your sneak peek!! We'll put up some better pictures next week when things are cleaner and perhaps better furnished! But we are excited for visitors. Come on by!

1 comment:

Corinne Ritz said...

Wow! I love it! So much space for you guys! I can't wait to see more pictures!