Ever since Easter, plastic eggs have been a favorite toy around here (I hate it, because I have to clean up all the halves all over the place). We finally put them away but Taylor found a half left. It's now one of his most prized possessions.
One of his games he plays with it, is using it as a phone. I found him holding it up to his ear one day, so I played with something else and we "called each other" repeatedly. Now he does it all by himself and I will find him holding it up to his ear, talking to his imaginary friend on the other line.
He actually doesn't say words very often but I got him doing this cute game yesterday, it was awesome! "Hello? Ba-bye!" over and over, as we hang up and pick back up.
I just think it's so funny ... of course kids have been playing phone for ages. But in this generation, now when nobody talks on the phone anymore, and they still love this game!! Does he really understand?? How often has he seen anybody talking on a phone, now really?? I call my family once or twice a month and other than that I am rarely on my phone. And no, I haven't seen any toddlers pretending to text, but eventually I'm sure that will be the new game.
No comments:
Post a Comment