Monday, August 06, 2007

Loving Housework

Here's where I brag, my 2-year-old loves housework!! I think a lot of toddlers like to help out, but they really are in the way, so moms shoe them away. Well, we decided we better reinforce that habit instead of discouraging it, so we always let him help (Okay, usually it's Rychen... he's more patient than I am).
Rychen has great ideas! He lets Rychen P. help vacuum for just a minute or two (holding on, and walking veerrrryy slowly across the room) and then he says, "Okay now you sweep!" and Rychen P. is all for it! Or they will take turns, one do one and one do the other, and then switch. Here they are vacuuming together.

You might be wondering where Mom is while this is going on. Well, probably on the computer or reading a book. Ha! Don't worry, he helps me do dishes and cleaning the kitchen during the day. I'm not that deadbeat. (and he's SUCH a big help at the grocery store...)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so cute! I'm trying to teach Jackson to help clean right now, especially with the dishes. Except he always gets distracted and wants to climb on the dishwasher door. We have a ways to go. Does he do toilets? Can he come do mine?

Unknown said...

Ethan also likes to climb on the dishwasher door. I think he thinks it is playtime whenever it is open. He also tries to reach for the knives in the dishwasher. That's all I need is a 10 month old on the loose with a kitchen knife! I usually have to put the gates up and the bar stools on their sides to baracade Ethan from the kitchen when I am cleaning. I am hoping this will eventually disapear. Keep up the great work with Rychen P. and cleaning! That's fantastic!!!