Today Rychen P. took a big step toward growing up. He is gaining a lot of independence and becoming more comfortable with other people, knowing I will still be here when he is done. We went to a meeting at the church, and some kids were playing in the cultural hall. He wanted to play with the kids and I told him "Okay but I am going back to the meeting." He said fine, took his friend's hand, and ran off. Wow! What autonomy. It was so fun to see him holding hands and running around with the older kids, and even afterward at playgroup, he was off playing with older kids, not caring where I was. He is really maturing. (This may not be a spectacular feat for your child, but this is the boy who won't go to nursery by himself!)
After the playgroup, Laura wanted him to come play at her house. I said that would be fine, and Rychen P. told me Goodbye. He went home with them for a couple hours while I did some writing and yoga at home. Hooray!
P.S. The next day Rychen went back over to play some more. When I came to pick him up, he was not excited to see me, and said "But I want to stay at this house!"
No comments:
Post a Comment