Saturday, July 05, 2008

3 year old in the house!

July 1st was Rychen Parker's third birthday. We have been anticipating this for months! He had given me some "hints" about what he wanted for his birthday, and he knew that he had "surprises hiding somewhere" in the house. So it was a lot of fun to have him open his presents. Needless to say, it was all Mickey Mouse stuff except for sidewalk chalk, which I only bought because I need something for him to do while I sunbathe :-)

We had a little party with some friends. Mostly they just ran around, playing with the balloons, and dancing to Mickey Mouse music! We tried to have a little structure and made attempts at musical chairs and pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. Here we are eating cake and ice cream. (Thank you Pamala for all your help!)


Later on, we also had visits from Rychen's family and his friend from out of town, Charlotte.

(this was a fun picture to take because we have a very similar one when he was 2 weeks old--Wow! He has grown so much since then!)

Happy Birthday to my bub! He is such a big boy now. I finally feel that I am the mother of a boy, not just a baby. He is definitely his own person with many skills and unique personality traits. He is very creative, fun, and smart. I am so lucky to be his mama!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

It seems like just yesterday these 3 year old's were born! Looks like Rychen had a great birthday! Can't wait to hear the news about bambino #2! Let us know!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday and birthday for Rychen P. I can't believe it's been 3 years!!