Five years ago, my boyfriend went home to his family for Thanksgiving and told them about me. They wanted to meet me, so they invited me to visit over Christmas break. In the meantime, Rychen and I grew closer and were speaking of marriage, and then meeting his family was the final confirmation I needed: I seemed to fit right in. I enjoyed them very much those first few days, and really admired them. I felt like I could be myself and be appreciated, in a way I had been lacking with my own family. This seemed to bundle up the package, things fell into place, and we became officially engaged.
Now 5 years later, Rychen and I are as close as ever, and we have two great kids to show for it. I am so thankful for my Jones family and the friendships I continue to develop with them. I am so blessed to be the wife of somebody who respects me, who cherishes me, serves me, and is sure to express this every single day. I have grown immensely as a person over these 5 years, and I have them all to thank for it.
And of course, Thank you to my Gremlich family for my home of origin, the endless patience and love, the wisdom I gained from you, the gospel light, and the challenges that made me the person I am today. I wouldn't trade my upbringing for any other, regardless of how many times I said I wished I could back then! Mom and Dad, I am so thankful for your sacrifices (I have one of my own, now I know!) and so grateful for the life you gave me.
Thank you to Rychen Parker for being the craziness that keeps me sane. I owe most of my growth to you. You are often my best friend, for we share so many things. I pray that I can treat you as the prince you are. Forgive me for when I fall short. Know that I love you.
Elisabeth, you are my angel, my sweetheart, my cutie girl Lissa-Loo. You are the culmination of personal goals, overcoming short-comings, and realization of faith. You are the purest thing I have beheld in this life. I pray that I can preserve that as much as possible. I hope you can feel my love for you every day.
Thank you Father in Heaven for the hair I have pulled out through my dealings with each of these people! I may be bald, but I am such a bigger and more whole person because of it.
1 comment:
how beautifully put
Post a Comment