I hope you all appreciate your Christmas cards. I went to hell and back to create them for you! It's hard enough to get a baby to look toward the camera with a pleasant expression, but add that to appeasing a three-year-old's demands and making him sit still. What began as a cheerful "Hey, let's take a family picture!" crumbled into a desperate "Shut up and smile! Nobody is moving until we take a good one!" But I will say a few things.
1. Ha! I WON! There is no yellow star toy in our pictures!
2. Thank you Rychen for being the rock when all we wanted to do was throw rocks at each other.
3. Thank goodness for the awesome feature on our camera that enables us to freeze a video and turn a still frame into a picture.
4. Thank you to everybody who tried to reason with Rychen P., get Elisabeth to smile, and take endless pictures and videos of us, in hopes of making something work!
Just for kicks and giggles, here is one failed photograph:

Despite Elisabeth's cute expression, there are two reasons this photo didn't make the cut: the sour-puss on her left, and the fact that yes, the baby is indeed born, believe it or not! (This was Rychen P.'s obstinant refusal to smile, after getting in trouble.)

We started the evening with Elisabeth in a blue dress, but with as long as it takes to get a family picture taken, clothes get a bit wet, as you can tell. So then we had to dress her up with her white jacket. (I didn't bring a change of clothes for myself, so thank goodness we had a satisfactory pose by the time I leaked through.)

1. Ha! I WON! There is no yellow star toy in our pictures!
2. Thank you Rychen for being the rock when all we wanted to do was throw rocks at each other.
3. Thank goodness for the awesome feature on our camera that enables us to freeze a video and turn a still frame into a picture.
4. Thank you to everybody who tried to reason with Rychen P., get Elisabeth to smile, and take endless pictures and videos of us, in hopes of making something work!
Just for kicks and giggles, here is one failed photograph:
Despite Elisabeth's cute expression, there are two reasons this photo didn't make the cut: the sour-puss on her left, and the fact that yes, the baby is indeed born, believe it or not! (This was Rychen P.'s obstinant refusal to smile, after getting in trouble.)
We started the evening with Elisabeth in a blue dress, but with as long as it takes to get a family picture taken, clothes get a bit wet, as you can tell. So then we had to dress her up with her white jacket. (I didn't bring a change of clothes for myself, so thank goodness we had a satisfactory pose by the time I leaked through.)
2 comments:
She is so cute in that little dress!!
It's too bad no one really knows the significance of "no yellow star in the photograph" who wasn't there to witness the event. Rychen Parker was not in the mood to negotiate.
Post a Comment