It's hard enough to deal with a kid who asks questions all day. But try coming up with a response to questions that don't make any sense.
"Mom, where is my toy?"
"It's on the back porch"
"What does Zontha Back mean?"
"I said it's on the back!"
What, am I speaking a foreign language? I kid you not, this happens EVERY DAY.
Also lately he has been asking what big words mean, before he can pronounce them! It is hilarious to hear him say words. Next time to see him, have him say "miscellaneous" for you.
Yesterday in the car he mentioned "operation," and I was thinking How does he know about operations? I don't think he's ever heard the word. So I asked him what he thinks that word means, and he told me "Remember? When the water turns into steam." Ooooh, evaporation!
Then today he asked me what "incest" means. Now this time I was POSITIVE he has never heard that word!! So I said "Do you mean insist?" No... I guessed a couple more times and he got impatient with me. I said "When did I say that word?" and he told me when I said he was "incest" with his new toy. "Oh no sweetheart, I said you are obsessed with it. It means you all you want to do is play with it all the time."
We seriously need to get his hearing checked...
p.s. it's a good thing I ran spell-check on this post... I couldn't even spell half those words!
No comments:
Post a Comment