This is what running 9 miles will do to you.
Hopefully it was just from that day and not an ongoing problem. It hasn't been hurting for the past week...but only time will tell!
Other than that, running is going great. My biggest obstacles have been a funny tenderness on my right heel which disappears once I'm warmed up but nonetheless is rather annoying the first mile or so (calcium deposit?) - and just feeling really tired for a few days after my long runs. And by "long" I mean, I was not ready to run that far yet. So duh, it's like taking a month off after running a marathon. At this point I need 4-5 days off after running anything more than 6 miles. Hopefully that will improve soon......
This weekend is my 10K race. My first official real race where I paid money and wear a number! I wanted to find somebody to run with me but I'll be doing it alone.
I am finally getting consistent and doing somewhat of a schedule. Due to circumstance, I'm doing Jeff Galloway's "less-is-more" approach, with no weekday workout longer than 30 minutes. So I got in the habit of leaving the house every morning for 20-30 minutes before Rychen goes to work: Mondays are intervals, Wednesdays are 30-minute running, and the other days are an easy jog/walk.
A few goals I have...
- Run a 5K Wednesday mornings and work at getting quicker
- Finish my 10K this week under 64 minutes
- Get my pace down under 10-minutes by end of May

2 comments:
Yeah, I don't know if that is normal (I can't really see anything in the pic either). Are you pushing yourself too hard? If you push too hard you can do more damage than good. I'm trying to remember when you started running, I haven't gotten up to that point yet and I thought I have been running longer than you. Runners World has a smart coach that you can use to help plan runs, it will ramp you up slowly to get to your goal.
http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/smartcoach/1,7148,s6-238-277-278-0-0-0-0-0,00.html
Good luck!
P.S.
It's embarrassing for me to think you could be running faster than I am considering I've been running for so much of my life!
Jon
One more thought. Don't know what you're using for your mileage count but I found this is pretty cool (of course my bro has one of those watches that tell you how fast/far you are going).
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com
Post a Comment