Friday, February 24, 2012

Card Pockets - the new to-do list!

I have recently become obsessed with the Duggar family, I just think they are the greatest thing on earth. I'm reading one of their books and WOW they have such awesome family discipline. WE ARE IN NEED OF SOME OF THAT!!!! Our home is chaos; inconsistent parenting; no discipline; bad habits galore. So we are changing that. (starting with the parents, but that is a post for another day) But I digress...

Anyway the cool idea I got from Michelle Duggar is these "card pockets" to-do list for the kids, where they do tasks independently and move their card from one pocket to the other. You can give them incentives for cards, etc. Our rule is you do 2 cards, you get 15 minutes of play time. (We have been doing that with checklists, but I wasn't present enough to see that its being done consistently)





2 comments:

Corinne Ritz said...

Great idea! I hope it works for you!

Kosel Family said...

Very cute indeed! I love the Duggars too! Such a fun family, we have some friends that remind me of them... and many family members :) I LOVE all the big Catholic families we have around us.